Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beauty in Silk

It's barely fall and already I am anticipating the Holidays!  The leaves are starting to change colors here on the East Coast which is also so inspiring to get colorful.

Recently I had a request for some jewel toned pieces and it was the perfect excuse to go shopping! What I love so much about dupioni silk is the fact that there are so many color variations in any given hue along the entire color spectrum.  Just when I think I've found the perfect green, well then, there is always another hue of green, just as shiny and pretty as the original I liked. While my shopping list was getting pretty long I had to narrow it down but I do think I chose some colorful and bright silks.  Here are samples of the dozen or more colors I have coming in this week.

Speaking of a Jewel, I have always admired the designs of another dear friend and talented seamstress who is so driven to help others.  She has three beautiful children and is currently sewing her way on a Mission to help the orphans of Russia.  Many of you already know her, but for those that do not, please go to Lady Peep Boutique and purchase one of her sweet skirts.  I have many of her pieces and her work is impeccable and eye for color and coordinating perfect!

The Lydia brooch has proven to be a nice little seller thanks to Robin and I can not wait to wear one on my jean jacket but can't decide on the color!  Plus customers first, of course. 

Thanks for looking.  Be sure to check out the Gallery page and remember everything is custom, so pick your design and colors and get a great hair piece or brooch for yourself or to give as gifts!

Ivy  




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Ivy. What a blessing you are.
    I love the colors and your work is truly beautiful.
    What a gift you have in designing and creating these lovely treasures.
    God's blessings friend,
    Love,
    Daleea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful colors, Ivy! I love dupioni silk, too ~ the variations are capturing!! And I also love your heart and the shout-out you gave for Daleea ~ we, too, have many of her pieces and her eye for detail and coordination are impeccable!

    Wishing you all the best on your upcoming travels to your daughter... I am SO excited for you and praying that all goes well as you bring her home and prepare for the future with your precious daughter.

    Blessings and Hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete

 
© My Pretty Chapeau
CoffeeShop Designs