Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pondering Fall Designs

It seems that my "Anika" design has been one of the favorites so far and I couldn't be more pleased, because each one is totally different. Every time I sit down to make a piece I find myself adding something new for texture or some sequins for bling and just plain having fun with that hair band. My daughter decided she even likes them and so I am definitely flattered by her enthusiasm!


Recently I was walking around the mall and got some good ideas for fall pieces. I think I needed that inspiration because our daily pool side activities in 80 plus degree weather was making it hard for me to imagine what I wanted to do next.


I have fall colored silk, velvet and brocade fabric I'm using now and can't wait to finish them.


If anyone is interested in Holiday pieces please feel free to email me between September and October as I will be closing shop during November through December to bring our second daughter home from China.


In addition I am thrilled that I was asked to work with a dear friend, Robin Magana, the incredible seamstress behind "Red Thread Stitches".  She makes the most delightful dresses and skirts for little girls and asked me to collaborate with her to make coordinating hair accessories for her new line of dresses.  Be sure to check out her website because they are going to be the sweetest dresses any little girl will want in her closet! 


So for now, here are some of my recent designs made with some of the fall silks.  
Thanks for stopping by!

Ivy

2 comments:

  1. Ivy when you get a chance I want to order one of your wall handings. Thanks! Kathy
    teamlowe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy, that's no problem! I'll email you! Thank you so much:))

    ReplyDelete

 
© My Pretty Chapeau
CoffeeShop Designs